This course is ideal for:
- ELECTRICIANS WHO ARE ALREADY 17TH EDITION QUALIFIED
- TRADES PEOPLE WHO CARRY OUR BASIC ELECTRICAL WORK ON DWELLINGS
What do we offer?
The 2022 amendment is required for anyone that is looking to register with a competent person scheme (NICEIC and ECS) or is working in domestic dwelling working on minor electrics such as plumbers and kitchen fitters. We know time is precious to you in this trade, so we decided to condense our main 1 week course down to just a single day.
To join this quicker & cheaper course, you must first have acquired the following qualification:
- City & Guilds 2382-15 17th Edition
The unit taught, and its learning outcomes, are as follows:
UNIT 622 – Understand the requirements of Electrical Installations BS 7671:2018 (2022)
- Understand the scope, object and fundamental principles of BS 7671
- Understand the definitions used within BS 7671
- Understand how to assess the general characteristics of electrical installations
- Understand requirements of protection for safety for electrical installations
- Understand the requirements for selection and erection of equipment for electrical installations
- Understand the requirements of inspection and testing of electrical installations
- Understand the requirements of special installations or locations as identified in BS 7671
- Understand the information contained within Part 8 and the appendices of BS7671
Schedule & Duration
- 1 day (9:00am – 4:30pm, breaks included)
Equipment & Facilities
We provide your own training bays & equipment (can bring your own tools & equipment if preferred, e.g. your own calibrated multifunction tester)
You will have access to:
✔ Kitchen facilities (fridge, microwave etc.)
✔ Free tea & coffee
✔ On-site vending machines
We are located in CV7 9NH, just off the M6 motorway and close to several food places and hotels nearby.
Price includes VAT.
*To book any of our courses, all we require is a £100 deposit
For the update course, it is essential to have a copy of the IET Wiring Regulations 18th Edition +A2 (BS 7671:2022).
If you would like to read more about the course, feel free to browse the readily available information provided on the City & Guilds website, more specifically the following: