This course is ideal for:
What do we offer?
As training providers, the most important thing for us is that, by the end of the course, we will have built your confidence to start doing your own work, and to be fully proud of your projects. That is why here at CBWA, we employ only the best: friendly & professional tradespeople who have decades of trade experience. Therefore, our tutors have up to date industry knowledge and lots of experience in training people.
The course looks closely at each section of the Wiring Regulations. You will be guided and supported through each section by our very experienced and knowledgeable tutors prior to your assessment, and learn all sorts of different things such as: earthing systems, basic fault protection, cable calculations, as well as commercial and industrial settings.
The qualification gained from this course is essential for people who have finished their Level 2 and Level 3 and wish to become Domestic Installers, as the course is imperative for joining the NICEIC and NAPIT (which allows you to sign off your own work). This course is also included in our Gold Electrical Training Course package, which can be purchased at a cheaper rate if one wishes to become a fully qualified electrician in only 18 weeks of full-time teaching.
The unit taught, and its learning outcomes, are as follows:
UNIT 622 – Understand the requirements of Electrical Installations BS 7671:2018 (2022)
- Understand the scope, object and fundamental principles of BS 7671
- Understand the definitions used within BS 7671
- Understand how to assess the general characteristics of electrical installations
- Understand requirements of protection for safety for electrical installations
- Understand the requirements for selection and erection of equipment for electrical installations
- Understand the requirements of inspection and testing of electrical installations
- Understand the requirements of special installations or locations as identified in BS 7671
- Understand the information contained within Part 8 and the appendices of BS 7671
Schedule & Duration
- 5 days Monday – Friday (9:00am – 4:30pm, breaks included)
Equipment & Facilities
We provide you with your own training bays & equipment (can bring your own tools & equipment if preferred, e.g. your own calibrated multifunction tester)
You will have access to:
✔ Kitchen facilities (fridge, microwave etc.)
✔ Free tea & coffee
✔ On-site vending machines
Moreover, we are located in CV7 9NH, just off the M6 motorway and close to several food places and hotels nearby.
Price includes VAT.
*To book any of our courses, all we require is a £100 deposit
For this course, it is essential to have a copy of the IET Wiring Regulations 18th Edition +A2 (BS 7671:2022).
If you would like to read more about the course, feel free to browse the readily available information provided on the City & Guilds website, more specifically the following: