This course is ideal for:
- PRACTICING ELECTRICIANS THAT WISH TO PROGRESS WITHIN THE ELECTROTECHNICAL INDUSTRY
- INDIVIDUALS WHO WANT AN EXTRA REVENUE STREAM
- COMPANIES LOOKING TO TRAIN A MEMBER OF THEIR TEAM TO CARRY OUT ALL OF THEIR PAT, IN ORDER TO SAVE PAYING EXTERNAL COMPANIES EVERY YEAR
What do we offer?
Within this Electrical Equipment Maintenance and Testing course, you will learn more about types and classes of electrical equipment, testing (in-service testing, type-testing and other forms of testing), combined inspection and testing processes, recording and certificating. The course will end with a formal assessment: a multiple choice examination, you do not need to be an electrician or prior electrical knowledge before taking the course.
The units taught and its learning outcomes, are as follows:
UNIT 701/702 – In-service inspection and testing of electrical equipment
1. Understand the definitions used within the IET Code of Practice for In-Service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment
2. Understand the statutory and non-statutory requirements relevant to the management and maintenance of electrical equipment
3. Understand the electrical units of measurement associated with in-service inspection and testing of electrical equipment
4. Understand the equipment construction classes and methods of protection within an electrical installation and how these relate to the provision of protection against electric shock
5. Understand the procedures for the in-service inspection and testing of electrical equipment
6. Understand how to carry out combined inspection and testing
7. Understand the information that needs to be recorded following in-service inspection and testing of electrical equipment
8. Be able to inspect and test items of electrical equipment
Schedule & Duration
- Wednesday to Friday (9:00am – 4:30pm, breaks included)
Equipment & Facilities
We provide you with your own training bays & equipment (can bring your own tools & equipment if preferred, e.g. your own calibrated multifunction tester)
You will have access to:
✔ Kitchen facilities (fridge, microwave etc.)
✔ Free tea & coffee
✔ On-site vending machines
Moreover, we are located in CV7 9NH, just off the M6 motorway and close to several food places and hotels nearby.
Price includes VAT.
*To book any of our courses, all we require is a £100 deposit
For this course, it is essential to have a copy of the Code of Practice for In-service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment, 5th Edition
If you would like to read more about the course, feel free to browse the readily available information provided on the City & Guilds website, more specifically the following: