This course is ideal for:
EXPERIENCED ELECTRICIANS LOOKING TO:
- ENHANCE THEIR SKILLSET
- TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE CURRENT HIGH DEMAND OF INSTALLERS
What do we offer?
Here at CBWA we are partnered up with Rolec, who are the biggest and best in the electric vehicle charging market to deliver this City & Guilds fully accredited level 3 qualification. What does this mean for you? A premium opportunity to be eligible to register on the Rolec approved installer scheme when you pass this qualification. Once you have registered with them, you will appear on the national database of installers. Businesses and customers can use this to find installers in their local areas, which would also include yourself!
You will also have the ability to draw down government funding for charging point installations. For more information on this, feel free to visit the gov.uk page on “Grant schemes for electric vehicle charging infrastructure”, or simply click here.
On this two-day course, you will cover the design, installation, inspection and testing of electric vehicle charging points, including the paperwork such as risk assessments and DNO notification. The course has a great deal of content covered in those two days, which is why it is essential for all students on the course to be experienced. However, if you do not have any experience but are still interested in joining this course, please do not hesitate to contact us either by submitting an inquiry through our system here , or by calling us at 02476363663 or emailing us at [email protected] , so we can advise you on how to gain these skills before attending the course.
Since you will be required to perform the inspection and testing process as part of your assessment, prior to signing up for this course, you must first have acquired at least the City & Guilds Initial Verification 2391-50 (or an equivalent qualification), or ideally the City & Guilds Initial & Periodic Inspection and Testing 2391-52, both of which we offer here at CBWA.
To achieve the Level 3 Award in Electric Vehicle Charging Equipment Installation Course, learners must complete the following unit: 301.
The unit taught, and its learning outcomes, is as follows:
UNIT 301 – Understand & Apply Selection, Installation and Commissioning of Electric Vehicle Charging Equipment in Domestic, Commercial and Industrial locations
- Know key requirements relating to electric vehicle charging equipment
- Know advantages and disadvantages of different types of electric vehicle charging arrangements and equipment
- Understand preparation for design and installation of electric vehicle charging equipment
- Be able to prepare for design and installation of electric vehicle charging equipment
- Be able to install electric vehicle equipment for domestic, commercial and industrial locations
- Understand the requirements for inspection, testing, commissioning and handover of electric vehicle charging equipment
- Be able to carry out inspection, testing, commissioning and handover of electric vehicle charging equipment
Learners are required to successfully complete the following four tasks to achieve this qualification:
- Installation Design (commercial/on street) – 30-minute exam
- Installation Design (domestic) – 30-minute exam
- Carry out an installation – 1-hour exam
- Initial verification of the installation (Inspection and Testing) – 1-hour exam
Schedule & Duration
- 2 days of intensive hands-on practical training
- 9:00am – 4:30pm (breaks included)
Equipment & Facilities
We provide you with your own training bays & equipment (can bring your own tools & equipment if preferred, e.g. your own multifunction tester)
You will have access to:
- Kitchen facilities (fridge, microwave etc.)
- Free tea & coffee
- On-site vending machines
Moreover, we are located in CV7 9NH, just off the M6 motorway and close to several food places and hotels nearby.
Price includes VAT.
*To book any of our courses, all we require is a £100 deposit
The mandatory official textbook is the following: IET Code of Practice for Electric Vehicle Charging Equipment Installation (4th Edition)
If you would like to read more about the course, feel free to browse the readily available information provided on the City & Guilds website, more specifically the following: