You will be given your own work area and trained by an experienced professional in the trade.
Who is the Bricklaying Course for?
People who would like to know how suitable a bricklaying career is for them but require further training.
Small firms looking to save costs and cut building times by having multi-skilled staff.
People from the landscaping background who are looking to build small brick walls and ponds etc.
- Knowing your bricklaying tools and learn how to use them correctly
- Learn how to mix mortar and at what ratios
- Explain the fundamentals of bricklaying gauge, level, plumb and range
- Learn how to set out your spot board and stack our bricks and blocks ready for bricklaying
- Learn how to spread and roll our mortar
- Learn how to build a series of brick corners
- Explain the setting out and working to measurements
- Learn how to set out large lengths of brickwork using dead men corners
- Learn how to build a conservatory base with cavity wall to a building drawing
- Learn how to build a double skin garden wall
- Learn various bricklaying pointing methods
- Learn how to build a brick pillar using d.p.c and various pointing methods
Outcome of the Bricklaying Training
At the end of your Bricklaying training, we will provide you with an in house course certificate of competence from our approved training center, along with a picture portfolio to show what you have completed.
However, as training providers- the most important thing for us is that by the end of the course; we will build your confidence to start doing your own projects.
This course will ultimately help you choose if you want to continue towards to a bricklaying career, finding a job in the trade or even by creating your own business.
The One Week Course – 5 Days Monday – Friday (9:00am to 4:30pm)
The Two Weekend Course – 2 Consecutive Weekends (8:30am to 5:30pm)
Following your bricklaying training, to have access and work on a building site you will need a CSCS card. To obtain a CSCS card you must pass the Health & Safety CSCS test.
Check out our CSCS card training and see the Health and safety training we are offering!