Who is this course for?
This intensive carpentry course is for people who want to have a taste of a carpentry career or who want to maintain their own carpentry and any other DIY projects.
- People who need to know how suitable a carpentry
- Career is for them and wish to have a taster by training.
- Builders looking to do the carpentry themselves.
People who want to ensure there carpentry work is started and finished correctly without paying significant amount of money to other tradesmen
Carpentry Course Content
- Knowing your Carpentry tools and how to use them correctly
- You will construct a carpentry work horse and saw block which you can use on the joinery & carpentry course
- Build a stud wall
- Fix a door frame into your stud wall
- Learn how to hang a door and fit a door handle
- How to cut and fix skirting boards and architrave
- Build a loft hatch
- Fit a newel post, hand rail and spindles to a stair case
Outcome of the Carpentry Training
At the end of your carpentry training you will receive a carpentry course certificate of competence from our approved training centre along with a picture portfolio to show what you have completed from Monday to Friday.
However, as training providers- the most important thing for us is that by the end of the course we are going to build your confidence starting doing your own carpentry work or any other projects.
Mon to Fri course – 5 Days – 9:00am to 4:30pm
Sat and Sun course – 2 weekends – 8:30am to 5:30pm
Following your Carpentry Training
Following your carpentry training, to have access and work on a building site you will need a CSCS card. To obtain a CSCS card you must pass the Health & Safety CSCS test. Check out our CSCS card training and see the Health and safety training we are offering!