Is this course ideal for you?
- People who want to have a taste of a kitchen fitting career or who want to fit their own kitchen to save money.
- People who need to know how suitable kitchen fitting is as a life’s career and they need to have a taster by further kitchen fitting training.
- Builders/tradesmen looking to save costs etc.
- People who want to do their own kitchen fitting without spending significant amounts of money on a professional.
What will you learn?
- Knowing your kitchen fitting tools and how to use them correctly
- Measuring and planning your kitchen
- How to build a kitchen carcass from flat pack
- How to fix base units secure and level
- How to hang wall units secure and level
- How to cut a worktop with a masons mitre, using a router and jig
- How to align and hang kitchen doors
- How to make up and fit kitchen draws
- How to cut pelmets of cornices
- How to cut out for sinks/hobs
- How to cut worktops using circular saws for a clean straight edge
- How to glue on and finish off worktop with edging strips
- How to make and secure end fill panels to complete the professional finished kitchen
Reserve your place
Outcome of the Kitchen Fitting Training
At the end of your training you will receive a Kitchen Fitting course certificate of competence from our approved training center, along with a picture portfolio to show what you have completed from Monday to Friday.
However, as training providers- the most important thing for us is that by the end of the course we are going to build your confidence and give you the skills required to complete your own kitchen projects.
The course is designed solely to teach you the basics to prepare you for any upcoming challenge or job in your way. When the course is completed, you will be fully competent in the trade and will have the knowledge to pursue a career in Kitchen Fitting.
Mon to Fri course – 5 Days – 9:00am to 4:30pm
Sat and Sun course – 2 weekends – 8:30am to 5:30pm
Following your kitchen fitting training, to have access and work on a building site you will need a CSCS card. To obtain a CSCS card you must pass the Health & Safety CSCS test. Check out our CSCS card training and see the Health and safety training we are offering!