This course is ideal for:
- REASONABLY SKILLED WELDERS LOOKING TO WORK IN THE INDUSTRY
What do we offer?
Here at CBWA, providing a memorable & highly personal experience to our students is what matters most. That is why the course has a maximum of 5 students at a time, so that each student gets enough guidance and tuition from our tutors, and thus passes the course with all of the required knowledge and understanding, as it allows you to ask questions on your mind and get plenty of one-to-one instruction.
As training providers, the most important thing for us is that, by the end of the course, we will have built your confidence to start doing your own work, and to be fully proud of your projects. That is why here at CBWA, we employ only the best: friendly & professional tradespeople who have decades of trade experience. Therefore, our tutors have up to date industry knowledge and lots of experience in training people.
To achieve the Level 2 Award in TIG (3268-02), learners must achieve a minimum of 7 credits from the following unit:
UNIT 203 – Tungsten Inert Gas Welding (TIG welding) – 7 credits
1. Produce a butt weld in the PA flat position
2. Produce a lap fillet weld in the PB horizontal/vertical position
3. Produce a tee fillet weld in the PB horizontal/vertical position
4. Produce a tee fillet weld in the PF vertical-up position
5. Produce a tube to sheet tee fillet weld in the PB horizontal/vertical position
6. Know the process and health and safety requirements for Tungsten Inert Gas (TIG) welding
These can all be tailored to your specific requirements, and metal thickness can be adjusted between 1,5 – 3,2 mm
Candidates will be required to complete the following assessments:
- Five practical assignments and one oral test for unit 203
Practical assessments will consist of a nick-break, macro-etch and a root-bend. Those will be checked by an internal examiner, and then sent to an external examiner.
If successful, candidates can further achieve the Welding Coding Qualification ISO9606-01, which we offer here at CBWA through our Coded Welding Course (click here to learn more).
Schedule & Duration
Your choice between:
- 5 days Monday – Friday (9:00am – 4:30pm, breaks included)
- 2 consecutive weekends (8:30am – 4:30pm, breaks included)
When choosing the option for 2 consecutive weekends, you can also have an additional 1 day during the week, free of charge
Both options are for intensive hands-on practical training, you are also expected to complete some of your portfolio at home
Equipment & Facilities
We provide your own welding bay & equipment (PPE included EXCEPT safety boots which you need, can bring your own PPE gear if preferable).
You will have access to:
✔ Kitchen facilities (fridge, microwave etc.)
✔ Free tea & coffee
✔ On-site vending machines
Moreover, we are located in CV7 9NH, just off the M6 motorway and close to several food places and hotels nearby.
Price includes VAT.
*To book any of our courses, all we require is a £100 deposit
If you would like to read more about the course, feel free to browse the readily available information provided on the City & Guilds website, more specifically the following: