Here at Central and Building and Welding Academy we deliver the 2391-52 in a 6.5 day course to meet City and Guilds guided learning hours, the course is a combination of the 2391-50 initial verification and the 2391-51 periodic inspection and testing. The course is designed for people who already have experience of inspection and testing and ideally students have a good understanding of BS7671: IET Wiring Regulations and should ideally hold the 18th Edition qualification (if you don’t hold this we also offer this course if needed).
- Requirements of Electricity at Work Regulations.
- Safe systems of work.
- Requirements for safe isolation.
- Safe testing of electrical installations.
- Principles for working dead.
- Principle for working live.
- Testing sequence.
- Interpretation of test results.
- Reasons for initial verification of electrical installations.
- Documentation, certification and reporting.
All of the course content will be covered on the first five days of the training course and then on the Monday of the second week you will complete your written assignment. The practical exam will be taken individually through the course with one of our assessors witnessing your practical exam and on the final half day you will do your computer exam (if you do not feel ready to sit your exam you can choose to come back at another time, this can be discussed with your instructor). With all of our electrical courses we are that confident in our instructors abilities that if you do not pass on your first attempt we offer a free resit and if there are any aspects you feel you need to brush up on you can come and join in with another class for free. We are here to assist you in every way possible to help you achieve your qualifications and go above and beyond other providers.
Books needed during this course:
- Guidance Note 3
- On-Site Guide to BS 7671:2018
- Requirements for electrical installations: IET Wiring Regulations 18th Edition
The 2391 qualifications have open-book assessments. The books allowed in these assessments are as follows:
- IET Wiring Regulations 18th Edition
- On-Site Guide
- Guidance Note 3: Inspection & Testing, 7th Edition