Our CBWA Gold Electrical training course will give you all of the following qualifications:
- Level 2 & 3 Diploma in Electrical installations (Buildings and Structures) (2365-02)(2365-03)
- 18th Edition City & Guilds 2382
- Part P Building regulations City & Guilds
- PAT Testing City & Guilds 2377
- Inspection & Testing City & Guilds 2391-52
These qualifications are bundled together for those completely new to the industry with no experience at all they are the industry recognised route to becoming a Gold card holder under the JIB scheme. The qualifications are designed to allow the student to work on building sites as well as domestic, commercial and industrial settings, becoming a fully qualified electrician.
The courses are all a blended mix of both practical and theory and are designed for individuals with no knowledge at all and will teach the basics, such as fitting a back box, using a drill and raw plugs, through to fitting simple lighting circuits and ring mains. During the course you will cover the following five modules on level 2:-
- Unit 201 Health and safety in building services engineering.
- Unit 202 Principles of electrical science
- Unit 203 Electrical installations technology
- Unit 204 Installation of wiring systems and enclosures
- Unit 210 Understand how to communicate with others within building services engineering
Followed by these modules on the level 3 diploma
- Unit 301 Understand the fundamental principles and requirements of environmental technology systems.
- Unit 302 Principles of electrical science.
- Unit 303 Electrical installation: fault diagnosis and rectification.
- Unit 304 Electrical installation: Inspection and testing commissioning
- Unit 305 Electrical systems design
- Unit 308 Career awareness in building service engineering.
Upon completion of these you will undertake 3 more weeks of training where you will pass the 18th Edition City & Guilds 2382, Part P Building regulations City & Guilds , PAT Testing City & Guilds 2377 and Inspection & Testing City & Guilds 2391-52.
All of the above modules will be carried out here at our purpose built, dedicated training centre where we have various simulated training bays for you to carry out your practical assignments. We have our own computer suite linked to City and Guilds for you to take all of your online tests.
After successful completion of these courses students will have all of the necessary skills and qualifications to either gain employment in the industry or register with a governing body such as NICEIC and set up your own business. Many students like to then complete the AM2 and NVQ level 3 before applying for their JIB Gold card.
Duration & Costs
These courses can be completed in 19 weeks full time or alternately spaced around your work commitments.
The course costs £7,000 including VAT (this only requires £100 deposit to secure your space)